From Dr. Gunderson — Symptoms Of Potassium Deficiency
A deficiency in Potassium may lead to symptoms such as fatigue and muscle weakness. Other indications for its deficiency include inactive reflexes, abnormal heartbeat, heart palpitations, headache and anaemia. Potassium-deficient people can also experience high blood pressure, pain in their intestines, swelling in their glands, and a serious side effect of potassium deficiency is diabetes.
Potassium supplementation is critical for good health. Our potassium supplement is easy, fast and effective. And works on everyone with no known side effects if you follow the directions on the label.
- Summarizing the Benefits of Potassium
- An essential mineral that is found in almost every cell.
- It is needed for growth, building muscles, transmission of nerve impulses, heart activity etc.
- Potassium, together with sodium – potassium inside the cell and sodium in the fluid surrounding the cell, work together for the nervous system to transmit messages as well as regulating the contraction of muscles.
Deficiency of potassium:
- The kidneys excrete any excesses, but deficiencies are seldom found in people on normal diets, although most people could look at increasing their potassium intake.
- A deficiency may result in fatigue, cramping legs, muscle weakness, slow reflexes, acne, dry skin, mood changes, irregular heartbeat.
- If you are into bodybuilding, it is also a good idea to increase your potassium intake, since potassium is needed to maintain your muscles in good form, controlling your muscle actions, and since potassium is lost in excessive sweating and urine.
Benefits of Potassium:
- Works to help protect against prostate enlargement.
- Potassium is one of the electrolytes we all require to maintain health.
- This mineral is important for a healthy nervous system and a regular heart rhythm.
- It helps prevent stroke, aids in proper muscle contraction, and works with sodium to control the body’s water balance.
- Potassium is important for chemical reactions within the cells and aids in maintaining stable blood pressure and in transmitting electrochemical impulses.
- A 1997 review of earlier studies showed that low potassium intake may be a significant factor in the development of high blood pressure.
- Potassium also regulates the transfer of nutrients through cell membranes.
- This function of potassium has been shown to decrease with age, which may account for some of the circulatory damage, lethargy, and weakness experienced by older people.
- Together with magnesium, potassium can help prevent calcium-oxalate kidney stones.
Signs of potassium deficiency include abnormally dry skin, acne, chills, cognitive impairment, constipation, depression, diarrhoea, diminished reflex function, edema, nervousness, insatiable thirst, fluctuations in heartbeat, glucose intolerance, growth impairment, high cholesterol levels, insomnia, low blood pressure, muscular fatigue and weakness, nausea and vomiting, periodic headaches, proteinuria (protein in the urine), respiratory distress, and salt retention.
Serving: 2 x 1/2 droppers, 17 mg; 32 servings in bottle.
Ingredients: Purified water, Potassium Ascorbate, Ascorbic Acid, Stevia and Potassium Sorbate
Potassium is needed for growth, building muscles, transmission of nerve impulses, heart activity etc.
Liquid Charged Particle Potassium supplement addresses the potassium deficiencies of the human body. As it is in the Nano Particle Size state it is 100% available for fast and efficient absorption. This is especially critically for older persons because they have a difficult time getting potassium absorbed. The Nano Particle Size state means it gets into the cell structure without the need of being processed by the digestive system. Other forms of potassium are not easily digested, typically 10% – 15% is absorbed and rest is eliminated from the body through normal bowel processes.
Note: The CP liquid supplements are already in broken down form, so they do not need to be processed by the digestive system. Which makes it easier for the body to process. The minerals are immediately available to whatever part of the body needs it once taken orally. Since it is all natural, it is also easily received by the body. Because this product is absorbed more completely by the body the recommendations of the RDA do not apply.